Thursday 10 April 2008

Okinawa Parks are Awesome!

City parks here on Okinawa are nothing like anything I've seen in the States. For one thing, the playground equipment here would never pass safety inspections in America. There is really dangerous stuff for the kids to play on. Needless to say, my boys (and even my girl) LOVE it! There is a "drop-slide," where you have to hang out over a ledge and drop down a totally vertical slide; there are "roller slides," where you slide down a conveyor belt of metal rollers 40 feet in the air; zip lines over water; a huge slide made of cement - my kids all tore out the bottoms of their pants going down that one. Seriously, who thought to make a slide out of cement?? One of my kids fell on that slide and practically got a concussion. There are parks like this all over the island and it makes a fun day trip to set out to find new ones.



">

" border="0" alt="" />

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! My boys would love those parks. Albeit they may end up in the hospital. So fun!

emily said...

My kids would go crazy there!! I think that I would have a heart attack!! How fun though.

Emily said...

Wow! I am positive my kids would love those parks way more than your traditional American park. Sounds like you guys are having fun over there!